Announcing the Voices of the Year '12 Honorees and Readers!
By mrlady on May 31, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
- Alexandria Durrell: My Son's Wings
- Amy Whitley: Bathing
- Anna See: Wednesday "Wramblings" and Walmart
- Angie Kinghorn: Afterbirth
- Charise Rohm Nulsen: Sound Bites from a Miscarriage Journey
- Dalene Heck: And So We Traveled
- Deb Rox: Visiting Rowan Oak
- Jett Superior: What Then, When Your Whole Life Is Scripted As Apology?
- Jim Lin: Another Birthday Would Have Been Nice, Even Another Day
- Little Lion: The Need To Roar
- Marci Rich: A Tale of Two Deaths: Losing My Mother to Alzheimer's, Part I
- Miss Lori: Miss Lori Offers Penn State Victims of Child Sexual Abuse 15 Statements of Empowerment She Needed to Hear Herself
- Rita Arens: A Big Family of Brave Women
- Susan Niebur: It's Not Fair
- Thien-Kim Lam: Is Interracial Love Worth It?
- Two Busy: Solstice
The People's Choice Award Winner for Heart is:
- LaDonna Dennis: I'll Be Seeing You
And your readers for Heart will be:
- Elizabeth McGuire of Peace, Love and Guacamole
- Jane Byers Goodwin of Scheiss Weekly
- Varda Steinhardt of Squashed Mom
- Christie O. Tate: Bronzed Beauties
- Leslie Marinelli: DIY Feminine Hygiene Tips
- Janelle Hanchett: Are you Ready for Parenthood? A Helpful Checklist just for You!
- Jen: Inside MY Closet
- "Jen" e Saia Quoi: OMG, Free Beef!
- Jennifer Johnston: Why Bra Shopping Sucks, an Illustrated Guide of Theory vs. Reality
- Jill Krause: Pins I Know Better Than To Try
- Kelcey Kintner: That Super Weird Thing You Do
- Kristen Howerton: Homeless, Hipster, or Redneck: A Guide to Distinguishing The Younger Generation
- Kristine Cook: An American Tale (Scrunchie Edition)
- L.R. Knost: Playground Confessions -- Look Who's Talking!
- Megan Terry: OMG, WTF, SOB and other Three Letter Words I Want to Scream
- Miscellaneous Mom: New Years Resolutions in a 2.0 World
- Suzy Soro: I Don't Want to Get Married but You Go Ahead
- Tracy Beckerman: Bra-Humbug
- Virginia Kahler-Anderson: Menopause, an Orgasm, and a Bowl of Spicy Chili
The People's Choice Award Winner for Humor is:
- Erin Donovan: Dead Vagina Walking
And your readers in Humor will be:
- Elizabeth Jayne Liu of Flourish in Progress
- Neil Kramer of Citizen of the Month
- Shari Simpson of Dusty Earth Mother
- Ann Imig: Dear Ann Krinsky Age Twenty
- Becky Smith: Grateful for the Scars
- Corinna Robbins: Half-Baked
- Eleanore Wells: I'm Single and Happy... Why Does That Make Them So Mad?
- hill + pen: Peace for the Wandering Soul
- Jana Anthoine: From a Pecan to a Majestic Magnolia
- Julie Gardner: Today Call Me Large
- Kristen Ireland: You Already Were
- Laura Tellado: Standing On My Own Two Feet
- Law Mom: Pretty
- Lilly: I Am LOVD
- Mandy Boles: Shark Eyes
- Rachel Cohen-Rottenberg: The Path That Chose Me
- Robin Elton: Mother's Day
- Sara Lind: Job Interview or Therapy?
- Tara Ziegmont: I Was Broken
The People's Choice Award Winner for Identity is:
- Anissa Mayhew: Dear BlogHer Attendees & Non-Attendees
And your readers for Identity will be:
- Adam Avitable: Why You May Be Stupid If You're Giving Up Something For Lent
- Amanda of Last Mom on Earth: I Remember The March for Life
- Daisy: The Chubby Character
- Danielle Belton: No Apologies: On The Killing Of Trayvon Martin And Being "Good"
- Elan Morgan: We Can Become Known
- Estelle Sobel Erasmus: We Changed the Conversation
- Jen Dinoia: I Never Thought I'd Blog
- Keiko Zoll: The State of the Uterus
- Kimberly Speranza: Sportscaster Dan Patrick Crushed My Morale
- Lee and Paul Reyes-Fournier: Jesus is not the Reason for the Season
- Liz Henry: To My Daughter and Girls Everywhere
- Liz of Hello Ladies: Motherhood Is Not the Most Important Job
- Miss Afropolitan: Is Feminism Really Un-African?
- Robin Waldman: Let's Stop Making Fun of Breast Milk
- Suchada Eickemeyer: When You Think You Are Right, You Are Wrong
- Wendy Wilson: Roy Plays (Political) Hooky
The People's Choice Award Winner for OpEd is:
- Lois Alter Mark: It's Time to Re-Think Pink
And your readers for Oped will be:
- Arnebya Herndon of What Now and Why?
- Dresden Shumaker of Creating Motherhood
- Suzanne Barston of Fearless Formula Feeder
- Alexandra Rosas: One Thousand Cranes
- Amelia: When Your 7 Year Old Son Announces, "I'm Gay"
- Azucar - Carina: I Did Not Want Children
- Connie Lissner: Does Not Share Well With Others
- Debbie of VodkaMom: The Hurt (in the) Closet
- Deb Grinter: Blossom Bomb
- Didactic: And Then We Had Hamburgers
- Erika: Ordinary Day, Extraordinary Love
- JW Moxie: Balance
- Kristie Tatton: Hollow
- Lee Vandeman: Forgiven
- Shell Rousch: My Child Would Never Do That
- Stacey Conner: Thoughts
- Stimey: Not Even Wrong
- Whit Honea: When Stuffed Animals Die
- XLMIC: The Mistaken Generosity of the Tooth Fairy
The People's Choice Award Winner for Parenting is:
And your readers for Parenting will be:
- Alexandra Wrote: Cancer, Red Balloons and Beauty in the Details
- Carol Greet: The Whisper of Hay Dust
- Ellen Seidman: Would You Call My Child A Retard?
- JC Little: MotherHOOD.
- Jodee Rose: Occupy the Holidays
- Pooja: Ha Par Villa
- Rachel Callahan: A Simple Explanation of Downton Abbey
- Shalini: A Step-By-Step Guide of How To Speak To An American Immigrant
- The Woman Formerly Known As Beautiful: Love. Your. Body. Now.
- Tricia Steam: This Is Prematurity
We invite you to join us at the 5th annual Voices of the Year Community Keynote on Friday, August 3 from 4:45-6:00pm, where the readers will present their work live, on stage. Directly following the keynote, a reception will celebrate all these incredible honorees.
For Elisa, Jory and Lisa, BlogHer co-founders
Polly and Shannon, BlogHer Conference Programming Team
More Like This
Recent Posts by mrlady
Most Popular on BlogHer
#BlogHerFood15 Speaker Michael Procopio Talks Writing, Eating and His Stance on Pumpkin Spice LattesSeptember 24, 2015 - 1:48pm by Karen Miner
September 22, 2015 - 2:15pm by lifewithRoozle
September 21, 2015 - 12:00pm by lifewithRoozle
September 15, 2015 - 6:32am by lifewithRoozle
Recent Comments on Conferences
By Amy Windsor