Anyone Can Vlog!
By jennyonthespot on July 08, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
Have a camera? Have a computer? Then YOU CAN VLOG! I often hear folks say they can't create a vlog because they can't edit, or add music, or perceive that the art of vlogging is just too hard. I say, NU-UH!
See? Camera + Computer = Vlog!
Quick Vlogging Tips
- Lots of light: Natural lighting is best ... unless you are going for a Blair Witch Project feel.
- Think about the background. If you are O.K. with showing piles of dirty laundry, then -- hey, go for it!
- Keep it short. Under 3 minutes. Under 2 is even better.
- Lip gloss. I'm kidding.
- Props. I'm kidding.
- A sense of humor, or passion, but definitely let your personality show. You are AWESOME!
- Don't be afraid of the close-up. We want to see your beautiful eyes!
- Aaaand ... perhaps a little note to peek at to help keep you on topic. Some people *coughcough* find that to be very helpful when making an unedited vlog.
And if you find yourself feeling in adequate, stressed or fearful when you hit "record"... you can always go watch my very first vlog. You can't do any worse than that. Really. No, really.
Stay tuned for more vlogging tips from me next week.
More Like This
Recent Posts by jennyonthespot
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Laurel Regan