GLUTEN-FREE APPLE-CARROT WALNUT BREAD
By Nummy For My Tummy on February 12, 2014
My love for all things baked runs deep and true. I've been asked several times to start focusing on entrees and I have...juuuuuust haven't gotten around to posting them. Not sure what my mental block is on that.
Anyway, here I am again, posting another baked treat.
Ok, you know what it is? I love the aroma that tends to linger, it's comforting. Foodies, like myself, are foodies because they love comfort food and nothing said comfort like a freshly baked loaf of bread.
This Carrot Bread was actually made due to an excessive amount of carrots and apples purchased. You can substitute either with something else you might have on hand (that would taste good in bread) like zucchini and pears. Whatever makes your tummy happy can't be wrong!
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour - fine ground (not almond meal)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded green apple
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
3 cups shredded green apple and NO maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots (left until just before baking...do not blend)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Grease & dust loaf pan
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and with a fork combine well
- Place all the "wet" ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and with an electric mixer (or the same fork) mix until it's lump free
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes allowing the coconut flour to absorb liquid
- Fold in the walnuts and carrots
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and place on the middle rack of oven for 60 minutes or until golden brown (use the knife in the center trick...it never fails)
- Let cool and eat up.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto