Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bake
By thevaughnlife on May 08, 2014
I mentioned in Erin's Daily Eats Day 7, a little about the amazing Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bake I made for breakfast yesterday. This is a nice hearty breakfast that is still sweet enough to replace any sugary cereals you might be eating in the mornings. Plus as we all know quinoa is a great source of protein to start your morning off on the right foot.
2 Cups Dry Quinoa
3 1/2 Cups Water
2 Cups Dried Apple Rings, Roughly Chopped
1/3 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/3 Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla Sugar
1 Tbls. Ground Cinnamon
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- When quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool. You can also cook the quinoa the night before and let chill over night.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roughly chop the apple rings
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Make to whisk very well or you will have giant cinnamon chunks.
- Add chopped apple rings and egg mixture to cooled quinoa and mix together. Make sure quinoa is well cooled so you don't accidentally scramble the eggs.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Check at the 20 minute mark, this is done cooking when the center feels firm.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Dish into cereal bowl
- Add 1 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk and a pat of margarine.
Hope you all enjoy this breakfast as much as we do.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
All the goodness of a whole grain cracker baked into a crunchy little chip, Pepperidge Farm® Cracker Chips are one tasty combination! We asked our bloggers to try their favorite flavor of Pepperidge Farm® Cracker Chips. Visit each of their blogs to read how you too can fit Cracker Chips into your own snacking routine. Read more
Most Popular on Recipes
Crunchy on the outside ~ moist on the inside ~ top with anything you like. My new favorite chicken recipe!