Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bake
I mentioned in Erin's Daily Eats Day 7, a little about the amazing Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bake I made for breakfast yesterday. This is a nice hearty breakfast that is still sweet enough to replace any sugary cereals you might be eating in the mornings. Plus as we all know quinoa is a great source of protein to start your morning off on the right foot.
2 Cups Dry Quinoa
3 1/2 Cups Water
2 Cups Dried Apple Rings, Roughly Chopped
1/3 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/3 Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla Sugar
1 Tbls. Ground Cinnamon
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- When quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool. You can also cook the quinoa the night before and let chill over night.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roughly chop the apple rings
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Make to whisk very well or you will have giant cinnamon chunks.
- Add chopped apple rings and egg mixture to cooled quinoa and mix together. Make sure quinoa is well cooled so you don't accidentally scramble the eggs.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Check at the 20 minute mark, this is done cooking when the center feels firm.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Dish into cereal bowl
- Add 1 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk and a pat of margarine.
Hope you all enjoy this breakfast as much as we do.