Bacon and Tomato Spaghetti
This zesty dish makes me long for summer and BLT sandwiches! I like to add a bit of prepared Zesty Italian dressing to my plate!
8 oz. uncooked thin spaghetti noodles
½ lb. thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
2 c. tomatoes, cherry or Roma preferably, chopped
3 c. fresh baby spinach, stems removed and torn into pieces
¼ c. balsamic vinaigrette
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove to paper-towel lined plate, drain and reserve 2 Tbsp. of drippings.
3. Sauté tomatoes in drippings until tender.
4. Drain spaghetti and stir into skillet with tomatoes. Add spinach, bacon, vinaigrette and salt and pepper. Toss and heat through until spinach is wilted.
5. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.