Bacon Pizza Puffs Make Your Kitchen Even More Inviting
By kmilitello on August 26, 2013
BlogHer Original Post
Have you ever spent hours cleaning the whole house before guests come over, and in the end they don't go anywhere but your kitchen?
Kitchens have a knack for instantly drawing guests in, becoming a comfort zone for conversation and catching up -- along with eating and drinking. You may even be left frustrated because you spent all your time cleaning the dining room, the patio, and the living room, only to have no one spend any time in those spots.
Instead of trying to push guests into the other rooms of your home, why not embrace the fact that they're loving being in your kitchen? What says home -- enjoying meals, gathering together -- like a kitchen? You may even spend most of your time in there, which makes it even more natural that your guests gravitate towards it. At least everyone is in one place!
Nothing makes a kitchen more inviting to guests than homemade, bite-sized treats. I'm usually all about the sweets, but I think a savory snack can bring more people into the kitchen when they first come over. Who doesn't like snacking while catching up on life?
These bacon pizza puffs are so enticing that no one can resist them. Trust me. One flavor-packed bite, they're light and airy with a little bit of bacon to make them satisfying. Serve them on colorful, eye-catching plates and placemats, and you'll draw the attention of anyone who walks through the front door.
These puffs are baked in a mini muffin tin, so they're less messy to eat. You really don't even need to bring out any plates, forks, or knives for individual guests in order for everyone to enjoy these treats.
Here are some other ideas for attracting your guests into the kitchen.
- Keep it tidy. No one wants to hang out in a messy room, and you'll be able to relax more if your space if neat and organized.
- Use warm and inviting colors in your decor. When I walk into a kitchen and the only color I see is white, I'm afraid to touch anything for fear that I'll mess it up. I would hate to be the one that "dirties" a white kitchen.
- If I were to see blue, yellow, and orange, like in the pictures above, I'd feel much more comfortable making myself at home.
- Last but not least, the food! Line up a couple of plates of mini appetizers, including these bacon pizza puffs, and everyone will be sure to enjoy their time visiting.
Bacon Pizza Puffs
This recipe is slightly adapted from Hannah and Bryan.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes.
Stir in the egg and milk, mozzarella, Parmesan and bacon.
Pour the mixture equally into the mini muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Warm the pizza sauce in the microwave or on the stove. Serve with the puffs.
So, if your guests gravitate to your kitchen, embrace it. Keep the space open, inviting, and stocked with snacks, and everyone will enjoy the party.
This post is part of BlogHer's Kitchen Entertaining editorial series, made possible by KitchenAid.
More Like This
Recent Posts by kmilitello
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Reviews & Sweepstakes
We placed Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to the test! Check out these delicious chocolate recipes and recreate them using exceptional, fairtrade ingredients. Plus get a chance to win $100 cash equivalent and a chocolate prize pack.
Recent Comments on Food