Bagel, Lox, Goat Cheese, and Roasted Vegetables
By Jittery Cook on May 05, 2012
Featured Member Post
Giving birth is not a picnic, but it has its rewards. I didn't have cravings while pregnant, but just after bringing my daughter into the world, I wanted to celebrate with bagel, lox and cream cheese, from Beauties, of course. It's hard to improve on perfection, but tempting to come up with a new variation on the theme.
Bagel Lox Goat Cheese and Roasted Vegetable Ingredients
- 2 whole wheat bagels, toasted
- 6 slices lox
- 2 T goat cheese
- 3 slices red onion, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 slices eggplant, 1/4 inch thick
- 1-2 t olive oil, preferably in a spray bottle
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T capers
Spray vegetables with olive oil, then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Roast vegetables at 420 degrees for 20-25 minutes, turning them carefully after the first 15 minutes.
Toast bagel then layer on cheese, lox, onion, eggplant, tomato and capers.
Slice while holding to keep filling in place.
Tastes and looks perfect!
- Check out the Honorable Menschen in the upper left corner of the MomentumUniversity site while noshing your Bagel, Lox, Goat Cheese and Roasted Vegetables.
- The bad news is: Jittery Cook was not selected as a winner of the Canadian Lentil contest.
- The good news is: Not 1, not 2, but 3 Jittery Cook recipes are included in the Canadian Lentil Recipe Revelations Book. Click on the link to get your very own lentil recipe e-book, for free.
Holly blogs about cooking healthy, tasty food at Jittery Cook, and shares somewhat amusing details about her experiences and influences.
[BlogHer Food '12 will bring food bloggers together to learn, share, inspire, and of course, to EAT! Whether you're new to food blogging or an old pro, you should join us in Seattle, WA on June 8-9, 2012 -- register now!]
More Like This
Recent Posts by Jittery Cook
Most Popular on BlogHer