By Reda on April 23, 2012
Sweet Milk Bread
This makes a soft sweet loaf of bread. It can be totally made in a bread machine, however, I just used the machine to make the dough.
1 cup of water
½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
3 1/3 cups of bread flour
2 teaspoons of yeast
Put ingredients in bread machine and set for dough cycle. When complete, remove and separate into three sections. Roll each out like snakes and mesh ends together. Braid and press ends together. Place in baking dish and allow to rise for 25-30 minutes. (Here's a little trick: before braiding your bread, heat your oven to 175 degrees and then turn off. Put your braided bread in the warmed oven to rise.) Brush melted butter or egg white on top after rising. Bake at 340 for 30-45 minutes, until top is golden brown. Note: If you want a better crust, heat some water in the microwave in an oven safe dish until near boiling. Then put in the oven while your bread bakes.One can of the sweetened condensed milk will make two loaves plus.
Amish White Bread
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)*
1/3 cup white sugar*
2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast*
3/4 teaspoon salt*
2 tablespoons vegetable oil*
3 cups bread flour
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, if needed add 1-2T of water or flour.
- Remove and shape as desired. Allow to rise another 30 minutes (I put mine in a slightly warm oven turned off).
- Brush with either butter or egg white.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
It is a tender bread with a slightly sweet taste.
1 cup warm water
1 large egg
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons of butter for brushing on top before baking
Directions:• In bread machine pan, place all ingredients through yeast in order as recommended by the manufacturer (usually liquid first, dry last).• Select the dough setting.• Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, if needed add 1-2T of water or flour.• When dough cycle is complete, remove and separate into three sections. Roll each out like snakes and mesh ends together. Braid and press ends together. Place in baking dish and allow to rise for thirty minutes. Brush butter on top. Bake at 340 for 30-45 minutes, until top is golden brown.
BREAD MAKER WHITE BREAD
2 cups Water (80 - 90 degrees)
4 tbsp Butter or Margarine, cut into pieces
2 1/4 tsp Salt
4 tbsp Dry Milk Powder
1 tbsp Sugar
5 1/2 cups White Flour
1 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
1. Measure ingredients into bread pan, in the order listed. 2.Insert bread pan securely into unit; close lid.3. Select "White" setting & appropriate loaf size (3lbs) and desired color (light, medium, dark) 4. Press Start button.5. Once bread is done, use pot holders to remove the pan from the unit. Carefully remove bread and turn right side up. 6. Allow bread to cool on wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes)