Banana Walnut Bread
By sv45000 on April 12, 2012
A few bananas have been lying and yesterday when I have checked them they are almost ripe. A few weeks back had this awesome banana walnut bread at a friends place. So I too decided to prepare one with those ripe bananas. Recipe is adapted from here.
- 3 ripe bananas smashed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease the loaf pan (4x8 inch)
- First start with the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, salt, mix them well and keep aside.
- Next the wet ingredients. To a big mixing bowl add melted butter, sugar and mix well until the sugar melts. Then add egg, vanilla, milk, walnuts, mashed bananas. Mix everything.
- Then add the dry ingredients in batches.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. ( Mine was done in 65 minutes).
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack .
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Our bloggers have come up with some ways to celebrate this season! Here you will find tips on how to make these summertime activities unforgettable sponsored by Aquafresh. Aquafresh provides Sugar Acid Protection -- active defense for teeth against sugar by both repairing teeth from the consequences of sugar acid attacks and protecting them for the future. Read our bloggers' reviews and get a chance to win $100! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Karen Ballum