One thing you'll soon learn about me is that I have a love for makeup and beauty products of any kind. It's a serious problem. The other serious problem is that I am seriously cheap! I'm not one to spend a lot willingly on myself, but every once in a while, I get a little crazy.
However, I feel it would be a tremendous disservice to keep all of these favorite things to myself! You're welcome!
Let's get started shall we?
- Buxom Lip Gloss - Shimmering Nude - shimmer + nude + lip plumping goodness! If that's wrong, I don't want to be right!
- Origins High Potency Night-a-mins - my sister in-law got me hooked on this last year and I just love it. I'm a sucker for any kind of face cream, but I do love Origins.
- Bobbi Brown Pale Yellow Powder - can I be honest? I have a pretty red, splotchy face. It's not fun; however, this little gem helps it out tremendously! Yellow powder tends to calm down the blazing red appearance (green also helps). I just throw this on last in my makeup routine, and I'm good as new!
- Too Faced Eye Shadow - I cannot express my love for this enough. Last year for my birthday, a friend got me a gift card to Ulta. My intentions were to go buy a bunch of Essie nail polishes (I'll get to them in a sec), but I got in the store and decided I needed to splurge. Eye shadow is my weakness anyway, but I saw this palette and it was absolutely necessary. I needed it in my life immediately, and I haven't regretted a single minute!
- Rusk Deep Shine Lustre - my childhood bff is a hair stylist, and several years ago she used this on my hair. I have naturally curly hair, so when we straighten it, well it needs a little extra loving. I use this after I have styled my hair and before I use any kind of setting spray. It's wonderful, simply wonderful!
- Essie - Peach Daiquiri - ok, let it be know. Essie is my weakness. I feel that I need avery single color they have. My collection absolutely drives my husband crazy, but I just can't help it. Essie has my heart. They should name a color after me.
- Essie - Resort Fling
- Deva Curl Light Defining Gel - as I mentioned earlier, I have naturally curly hair and sometimes it can be completely unruly! I found this product line and I'm in love. It makes my hair just fabulous. Fabulous I say! They're website also has tons of youtube tutorials for styling all types of curly hair, because let's face it, all curls are not created equal.
- Clean&Clear Blackhead Eraser - it exfoliates and clears! Yes, it's drugstore cleanser, but I've loved it for years and it treats me good!
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream - again, I've got some cream issues. BUT I must say, I really, really like this one. I've been told that once you hit 30, you should start the anti-aging treatments. Easier to stop it beforehand than try to erase time later. This is a really light cream, yet really brightens and softens the skin.
- Olive Body Butter - my new favorite thing is olive oil scented bath products; not to be confused with the scent of pure olive oil. It smells lovely! And to be honest, who doesn't feel good after a good lather of body butter?
I want to hear from you! What are some of your favorite must-have beauty items?