Bell Pepper Fritters
By ladieslounge.co.in on February 03, 2014
Capsicums are known to lower the fat stored in blood corpuscles, called triglycerides. This can vastly improve the body metabolism. This vegetable is considered beneficial in weight loss as it is low in fat and carbohydrates. It contains antioxidants like beta carotene (carotenoid), lutein and zeaxanthin (phytochemicals) and vitamin C. It also helps in prevention and treatment of heart diseases, osteoarthritis, bronchitis, asthma, cataract etc.
- 1 1/2 cup besan (chick pea flour)
- 3 capsicum (cut into round rings)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped, optional)
- 1tsp chilly powder (can add more if you want it spicy)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take besan in a bowl and add, chilly powder, onion, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, and salt.
- Prepare batter using water thick enough to prepare pakoras.
- Heat oil in kadai enough to fry pakoras.
- Dip capsicum rings in the batter and fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- When done, remove and drain on paper napkin.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
See more at : www.ladieslounge.co.in
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Food
Success Rice Farms Reviews & Giveaways
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. Read our bloggers' posts and see how they make hearty meals by adding Success® Rice into their favorite recipes plus get a chance to win $100.