Berry Watermelon Cocktail
Happy Monday, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! If you're already dreaming of the holiday weekend, this drink will be perfect for you :) I made a berry watermelon cocktail Friday and we sipped on these all weekend long! They are so light and refreshing and the perfect drink for any 4th of July celebration. These can also be made without alcohol for a light refreshing drink by the pool.
What you will need:
- Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries or any combo you'd like!
- Watermelon Vodka (optional)
- Diet or Regular 7-Up or Sprite
- Festive straws (optional)
- Mint (optional)
1. First you'll want to cut up some watermelon and blend it up in the blender! I filled mine up to the brim, which made a HUGE amount to sip on all weekend long.
2. Next I poured the blended watermelon into a pitcher (or huge bowl) and added tons of fresh berries! I also added about an 1/8 of a bottle of watermelon vodka. Feel free to omit this if you're making a non alcoholic version. It tastes great either way! Once you've added your berries and vodka place your pitcher in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Ours tasted even better the next day, once the berries had plenty of time to infuse.
This is totally optional, but paper straws are always a cute way to make a drink more festive! I bought mine from Wal-Mart for under $3.
3. Fill your glasses with ice and pour equal parts of watermelon mixture and 7-UP. Add a sprig of mint and a blue or red straw and you'll have yourself a delicious berry watermelon cocktail, perfect for 4th of July or any day this summer!
*Tip: It's best to drink this while watching fireflies and eating s'mores!*