The Best Apple Pie. Ever.
By MamaBethandCo on November 25, 2013
My mom makes the best apple pies in the world, hands down. When I was a little girl, I would sneak a few of the raw apples coated in cinnamon sugar to snack on. To this day, the smell of her apple pie baking in the oven is one of my favorite things in the world. I used to be the one standing next to my Mama in the kitchen helping to roll out the pie crust, but I’ve been replaced my precious five year old. Grace loves to bake and Nana loves her help. Keep reading for the recipe!
Nana’s Apple Pie
- Two recipes for pie crust (Nana uses Pillsbury Ready Made Refrigerated Pie Crusts)
- 8-10 Granny Smith Apples (sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons sifted flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine sugar, flour and spices and mix together with apples.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Fill with apple mixture (piled high).
- Dot top of apples with the butter
- Place top crust on top of apples and seal. Pinch edges of pie crust.
- Make a few slits on top for escape of steam (or make a decorative design on top of pie crust….again with some cuts allowing for steam to escape) 8. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar or plain sugar ( I use cinnamon sugar ).
- Place pie plate on a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until done
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Note: Nana suggests using Granny Smith Apples for best results.
More Like This
Recent Posts by MamaBethandCo
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court