Best Buy Contest Official Rules
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES: Be a Black Friday VIP at Best Buy!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older (except residents of AL and NE, who must be 19 or older). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and agents of Best Buy Stores, L.P., Bestbuy.com, LLC ("Sponsor"), blogher.com ("Promotional Participant"), Archway Marketing Services ("Administrator"), and their parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, Web masters and Web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [children, spouse, parents, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Contest begins on October 29, 2008 and ends on November 18, 2008 ("Contest Period").
2. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.blogher.com/be-black-friday-vip-best-buy or www.AskABlueShirt.com ("Web site") from 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on October 29, 2008 through 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 18, 2008, and follow the entry instructions for registering on the Web site, and (i) completing and submitting the online Contest entry form, (ii) selecting the Participating Store you will be nearest to on Black Friday from among the list of Participating Stores provided on the Contest entry form, and (iii) submitting an essay which includes no more than 250 words explaining why Black Friday is an important tradition for you, (collectively, "Submission"). To be eligible, your Submission must: (1) be your own original work that has not been submitted to any other third party, including another contest; (2) not exceed 250 words; and (3) not infringe on any other person's or entity's rights (collectively, a "Qualifying Submission"). Submissions that contain text that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another's rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state, will be disqualified as determined solely by Sponsor. Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 18, 2008 to eligible. Posting of a Submission on the Web site is not verification that the Submission is a Qualifying Submission. All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being judged. Submissions containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Submissions are eligible to take part in the Contest. By entering, entrant agrees that the Submission will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a Submission, each entrant warrants and represents that it is an original Submission created by the entrant and grants Sponsor the perpetual, unlimited and irrevocable right to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Submission in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. For purposes of the Contest, the Participating Stores are: Atlanta Store #896, Edgwood, 1210 Caroline St NE, Atlanta, GA: Baltimore store #282, 1701 Belmont Ave, Baltimore, MD: Boston Store #436, Dedham, 700 Providence Hwy, Dedham, MA: Chicago Store #815, 2650 N Clark St, Chicago, IL: Cleveland Store #1161, Steelyard Commons, 3506 Steelyard Dr, Cleveland, OH: Dallas Store #58, Walnut Hill, 9378 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX: Denver Store #1134, I-70 And Tower Road, 3511 N Salida St, Aurora, CO: Detroit Store #1406, Allen Park, 3349 Fairlane Drive, Allen Park, MI: Houston Store #291, Galleria, 5133 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX: Los Angeles Store #183 Atwater Village, 2909 Los Feliz Blvd, Los Angeles, CA: Miami Store #1502, Doral, 10760 NW 17th St, Miami, FL: Minneapolis Store #1000, Mall of America, 340 W Market, Bloomington, MN: New York Store #1208, Midtown Manhattan, 529 5th Ave, New York, NY: Orlando Store #157, East Colonial, 4601 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL: Philadelphia Store #579, Deptford, 1851 Deptford Center Rd, Deptford NJ: Phoenix Store #260, Mesa/Fiesta, 1337 S Alma School Rd, Mesa AZ: Pittsburg Store #882, Waterfront, 680 Waterfront Dr E, Munhall, PA: Portland Store #1454 , Washington Square, 8905 SW Cascade Ave, Beaverton OR: Sacramento Store #364, Citrus Heights, 6110 Birdcage Cetnre Ln, Citrus Heights, CA: San Diego Store #352, Mira Mesa, 9540 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA: San Francisco Store #187, 1717 Harrison St, San Francisco, CA: Seattle Store #498, Bellevue, 457 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA: St. Louis Store #42, Watson Rd, 9450 Watson Rd, Crestwood, MO: Tampa Store #561, South Tampa, 1725 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL: and Washington D.C. Store #1092, Columbia Heights, 3100 14th St, NW, Washington D.C.
3. Contest Judging Criteria: All Qualifying Submissions for each Participating Store will be judged by a qualified judging panel on or about November 19, 2008, based on the following judging criteria and percentages: Creativity and Originality (50%); relevance to the stated focus of the contest (25%) and Readability (25%). The Qualifying Submission with the highest overall score from each Participating Store will be deemed the Grand Prize winner for that Participating Store. In the event of a tie between any two Finalists, the Finalist with the highest score in the Creativity and Originality criteria will be deemed the Grand Prize winner for that Participating Store. Sponsor will notify the winner on or about November 19, 2008.
4 PRIZE: Twenty-Five (25) Grand Prizes (One (1) Grand Prize winner per Participating Store): A Black Friday Store Event, consisting of: limousine transportation to/from the participating Best Buy store/winner's designated location on November 28, 2008 for winner and three (3) guests, a Flip Video Mini Camcorder to videotape the Grand Prize winning experience, a $1,000.00 Best Buy Gift Card, and up to four doorbuster tickets (one per winner and each guest, no more than one ticket per doorbuster). Please note that parent/guardian approval will be required for guests that are minors in their jurisdiction of primary residence. If winner cannot participate in the Black Friday Event as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Gift cards are subject to terms contained on gift card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $2,000.00/each. Total ARV of all prizes is $50,000.00. By accepting the Grand Prize, winners understand and agree that Sponsor will exchange the Flip Video Mini Camcorder containing footage of the winner's experience upon the close of the Event for a new Flip Video Mini Camcorder so that Sponsor can use the video footage shot by winners for promotional purposes. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes, or redeem prizes for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Prizes will not be fulfilled outside the 50 U.S./D.C.
6.LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, Promotional Participant, nor their respective agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, or stolen e-mail, or prize redemption forms; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or Web site, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select winners from Qualifying Submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, technical failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to the Web site.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.BESTBUY.COM OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For names of winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a SASE to:
Best Buy Black Friday Essay Contest
Dept R (Official Rules) or Dept W (Winners List) (specify which)
P.O. Box 72960,
Rockford, MN 55572.
Requests must be received by November 25, 2008.
8. SPONSOR: Bestbuy.com, LLC, 7601 Penn Avenue South, Richfield, Minnesota 55423.
PROMOTIONAL PARTICIPANT: blogher.com, 805 Veterans Boulevard, Suite 305, Redwood City, CA 94063.
ADMINISTRATOR: Archway Marketing Services, 7600 69th Avenue, Greenfield, MN 55373.
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.