Best diet foods and weight loss cookbooks, from sugar-free gum to low-carb desserts
By Joanne Eglash on May 11, 2014
In a perfect world, we'd all eat only unprocessed, whole foods. But in moderate amounts, items like sugar-free gum and artificial sweeteners can sometimes help you slip into those skinny jeans more easily. With that in mind, here are our recommendations:
- Sweetener: Equal Zero Calorie Sweetener is useful for sweetening that cup of coffee or tea, or jazzing up plain oatmeal. You can save money by ordering in bulk: Click here for details.
- Gum: If you tend to nibble while you cook, chewing sugar-free gum can help you break a bad habit. We're fans of Trident gum with xylitol, which has been shown to help protect against cavities. Try a favorite childhood treat with sugar-free Trident Gum in Bubblegum flavor by clicking here.
- Peppermint can reduce your food cravings. Recommended: Wrigley's Extra Peppermint Sugar Free Gum Pantry Box.
- Salad dressing: Try individual packets of Walden Farm Salad Dressing, 1000 Island, and..
- ditto for pancake syrup with zero calories!
- Mayonnaise: Try Walden Farms Mayo, Honey Mustard (click for details) or if you like it spicy, go for Walden Farms Mayo, Chipotle.
- Sweet treats: We say "wheee" to Werthers Original Sugar Free Hard Candy.
Want to cook up your own low-calorie or low-carbohydrate treats? We recommend:
- From desserts to main dishes, Hungry Girl rocks with easy-to-make, delicious dishes. Get "Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook" by clicking here.
- Fast and fabulous: That's our verdict on "Betty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook: 300 tasty meals for eating healthy everyday (click for details).
- A must for low-carb dieters: "1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back" (click to order).
More Like This
Recent Posts by Joanne Eglash
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health