Best diet foods and weight loss cookbooks, from sugar-free gum to low-carb desserts
In a perfect world, we'd all eat only unprocessed, whole foods. But in moderate amounts, items like sugar-free gum and artificial sweeteners can sometimes help you slip into those skinny jeans more easily. With that in mind, here are our recommendations:
- Sweetener: Equal Zero Calorie Sweetener is useful for sweetening that cup of coffee or tea, or jazzing up plain oatmeal. You can save money by ordering in bulk: Click here for details.
- Gum: If you tend to nibble while you cook, chewing sugar-free gum can help you break a bad habit. We're fans of Trident gum with xylitol, which has been shown to help protect against cavities. Try a favorite childhood treat with sugar-free Trident Gum in Bubblegum flavor by clicking here.
- Peppermint can reduce your food cravings. Recommended: Wrigley's Extra Peppermint Sugar Free Gum Pantry Box.
- Salad dressing: Try individual packets of Walden Farm Salad Dressing, 1000 Island, and..
- ditto for pancake syrup with zero calories!
- Mayonnaise: Try Walden Farms Mayo, Honey Mustard (click for details) or if you like it spicy, go for Walden Farms Mayo, Chipotle.
- Sweet treats: We say "wheee" to Werthers Original Sugar Free Hard Candy.
Want to cook up your own low-calorie or low-carbohydrate treats? We recommend:
- From desserts to main dishes, Hungry Girl rocks with easy-to-make, delicious dishes. Get "Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook" by clicking here.
- Fast and fabulous: That's our verdict on "Betty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook: 300 tasty meals for eating healthy everyday (click for details).
- A must for low-carb dieters: "1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back" (click to order).