Best Ever Banana Muffins
It's been too long since I posted a muffin recipe! I have been on a muffin making BINGE, and, having made every single muffin recipe known to man (ie. every muffin recipe on this blog), I then realized my mom had included a recipe in our family cookbook entitled "Best Ever Banana Muffins" which I had never tried.
Best ever? Tried never?
Somethin' doesn't jiiiive.
*taps toes and snaps fingers*
Now my little song and dance has got your attention, I promise to share the recipe, but first I need to tell you that the real show is tomorrow. I have an exciting post lined up, it's not about food and I didn't write it.
Zzzzip! That's it. You won't get anything else out of me, but you'll have to come back on Friday and seeee.
In the meantime, I hope you have some ripe bananas loitering on your counter, because "best ever" and my mama don't lie, especially when you throw in my "signature" streusel topping :)
- 1 egg
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk egg, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan (makes 10-12 muffins, depending how big your bananas were. Fill muffin cups almost to the brim and see how far the batter goes). Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops are browned and toothpick comes out clean.