Best Ever Guacamole by Luna
By hopeful-luna on July 23, 2014
Guacamole is a staple in our house. We eat it 3-4 times per week. Now that avocados are in season and I am trying to get lots and lots of folic acid we have been incorporating them even more! Read more about avocados and pregnancy. Read this if you want to know a little more about my healing FOOD JOURNEY.
My recipe is simple and quick. This is a small batch for two - three people, but it can easily be doubled. Enjoy!
Best Ever Guacamole
2-3 very ripe avocados
5 cherry tomatoes sliced into thin slivers
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
4 shakes of sea salt
1. Begin by chopping your tomato and onion, then set them aside.
2. Scoop out the insides of the avocado and place in a bowl. *Save the seed!
3. With a fork, mash the avocado until most of the lumps are gone.
4. Stir in chopped vegetables, lime juice, sour cream and sea salt.
5. If you are not going to use the guac immediately, drop the seed inside the bowl. It will keep your guacamole green and fresh!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health
By Kate Kerley