The Best Vermont Excursion Ever!
By The Darla Chronicles on November 03, 2012
Today, Mama & I go on the road to Vermont's State Capitol, Montpelier.
Did you know:
Complete post with photos & videos at: http://www.darlachronicles.com/blog.html
1. Vermont's state capitol building is one of only a few to have a gold dome made from copper on wood substructure. And atop the dome is crowned by a statue of Ceres, an ancient Roman goddess of agriculture, grain crops, fertility and motherly relationships.
2. Vermont was the first state admitted to the Union after the ratification of the Constitution.
3. Montpelier is the smallest state capital in the U.S. with fewer than nine thousand people,
4. Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.
5. In ratio of cows to people, Vermont has the greatest number of dairy cows in the country.
6. Montpelier, Is the largest producer of maple syrup in the U.S.
7. Vermont's largest employer isn't Ben and Jerry's, it's IBM.
8. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream company gives their ice cream waste to the local Vermont farmers who use it to feed their hogs. The hogs seem to like all of the flavors except Mint Oreo.
Mama had some Ben & Jerry's Mint Oreo icecream this evening. She says, "Yummy!"
Information on Montpelier gleaned from Wikipedia and http://www.50states.com/facts/vermont.htm
Then ,Mama & I drive to the boatyard in Shelburne, Vermont to inspect a sailboat named Kalevala, an X-372. You can check it out for yourself on our sailboat video. The video next door are the beautiful back country roads on the way.
On the radio, we connect with Heart's "Straight on For You" lyrics:
Quite some time, I been sittin' it out,
Didn't take no chances, I was a prisoner of doubt,
I knocked down the wailin' wall, ain't no sin,
Got the feel of fortune, deal me in
Comin' straight on for you, you made my mind,
Now I'm stronger, now I'm comin' through
Straight on, straight on for you
Straight on for you.
Mama says that she’s been so afraid to follow her passions since it meant we had to be separated from Daddy. He's got to stay home and work. Daddy's a court reporter for Thurston County. It's a "good" job with "benefits." Daddy says, "It keeps a roof over our heads." Mama knows that He truly does want us to succeed and feels proud that we're out here following our dream, 'cause isn't that what we all want to do?
Here’s Wishing You Were Here by Chicago for Daddy. We love you Daddy!
Mama says, "It’s a wonderful gift to ask and accept help, for both the gifter and the reciprocant. Mama wonders why its so hard, sometimes, to ask for help;
- Do we feel undeserving?
- Do we feel less than appreciated?
- Does our pride stand in the way?
Remembering, you are not alone.
When you accept help from another,
You are giving them a gift.
You are sharing yourself.
You are helping another feel appreciated.
Appreciation is just another word for love.
Thank you for loving.
Thank you for sharing.
And thank you for following DarlaChronicles.com
Thank you everyone and have a wonder-filled day!
Mama & I are planning a trip to Arcosante in Arizona. It's gonna be lots of fun with lots of pictures and videos too. Stay tuned!
Love you all,
Darla's goal is to have 5,000,000 followers like Martha Stewart. Please help her by "Liking," "Sharing," & "Following" DarlaChronicles.com. Thank you for following DarlaChronicles.com.
Mama is a Registered Nurse, Hypnotherapist, & HypTonics™-Hypnosis combined with Sound-acupuncture and Chakra-attunement.
*Free the Mind - Heal the Body*
If you'd like us to visit you on one of our road trips, you can contact Mama at (360) 250-9010 or Contact@MayBeswick.com for an appointment and see me, Darla!
More Like This
Recent Posts by The Darla Chronicles
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Wellness
Recent Comments on Wellness
By Lois Templin