Best & Worst Diets for 2014
By Catherine Morgan on January 07, 2014
The US News and World Report has given their best and worst diets for 2014. And on top is the DASH Diet. I totally agree, and the reason I think the DASH diet is so great is because not only do you lose weight, but it’s also the best diet for your overall health & wellness.
DASH is also endorsed by:
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (one of the National Institutes of Health, of the US Department of Health and Human Services)
- The American Heart Association (AHA)
- The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- US guidelines for treatment of high blood pressure
- The 2011 AHA Treatment Guidelines for Women
- The Mayo Clinic.
The DASH eating plan has been proven to lower blood pressure in just 14 days, even without lowering sodium intake. Best response came in people whose blood pressure was only moderately high, including those with pre-hypertension. For people with more severe hypertension, who may not be able to eliminate medication, the DASH diet can help improve response to medication, and help lower blood pressure. The DASH diet can help lower cholesterol, and with weight loss and exercise, can reduce insulin resistance and reduce the risk of developing diabetes.
Also at Catherine-Morgan.com
More Like This
Recent Posts by Catherine Morgan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Shari Eberts