Birthday Scrapbook Page
I entered several scrapbook pages into our county fair, and the Craft and Hobby judge refused to judge them because they were missing “expected elements”. I didn’t put pictures on my scrapbook pages. Whatever. So, I am going to share these pages—and how to make them—with you over the next few days!
- Use paper cutter to cut paper to above sizes.
- Stamp birthday sentiment with black ink on the card stock tag
- Using the die cutting machine, cut out one Top Note (or Fancy Label), one large heart, and 9 small hearts (the size I used is the next to the smallest size)
- Adhere the 5-1/4 x 7-1/4” paper to the 5-1/2 x 7-1/4” paper, centering it
- Lay (do not adhere) your 12 x 4” piece about 1” from the bottom of the 12 x 12” paper. Using this as a guide, layer the top note/fancy label cut out and the large heart on the left side of the page (behind the stripe). Adhere the top note/fancy label and large heart. Remove stripe.
- Place 13” of ribbon 1/2” from bottom of solid 12 x 4” paper. Tape edges down on reverse Tie a faux knot with 2” of ribbon on the right hand side. Trim neatly.
- Adhere the 12 x 4” stripe to the page, about 1” from the bottom; layering it over the label and heart.
- Adhere the picture matting on the left hand side of the 12 x 4” stripe, allowing it to overlap equally on both sides of the stripe.
- Adhere the small hearts randomly to the stripe on the right hand side.
- Adhere the ephemera rectangle at the top right, angled slightly.
- Adhere three jewels to the top left and bottom right of the ephemera card.
- Thread ribbon through gift tag and attach tag to the center of ephemera card.
- Thread ribbon through wooden heart button and attach to gift tag.