Black Boys/Men in America: Beware!
By June's Jewels on July 14, 2013
Image from: Urban Daily
If you are a Black woman in America, this is probably a sad time for you. It is for me. In fact, this is probably a sad time for all of Black America. America has shown her true colors again. After serving this country, it saddens me to see a system that speaks “liberty and justice” but does not demonstrate it for all. This country’s mindset remains with racism. From the days of Rodney King to today, if you are a Black; there is no liberty and justice. And….if you are a Black male; Beware!
We have to take matters into our own hands. We need to have constant crucial conversations with our Black Males (The stakes are high, there is a racial divide in America which gives our lives no value):
- Pray for protection each day before leaving the house (My spouse & I pray every morning for our children. We ask God to put his protective angels around them and help them to make the right decisions)
- Never lie about something that can easily be checked
- If at all possible, never travel alone
- Choose your friends wisely (be cautious of your friends’ friends)
- Always tell a family member where you will be
- Always have I.D., insurance, registration, etc.
- Make sure your vehicle lights, tail lights, turn signals, etc. is working
- Stay away from illegal activities
- Never run from the police (they will most likely kill you and it will most likely be justified)
- Always be respectful of the police even when they have profiled you
- If you find yourself in a similar situation as Trayvon, shout your name and birth date or something unique to you such as: (I am Mickey Mouse from Disney World). There will be no mistake on who's who.
- If you find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation, immediately call the police. If you are on the phone with someone, tell them your location or a landmark and have them call the police.Beware, Beware, Beware because if you are a Black male (boy or man) you are not safe in America!
More Like This
Recent Posts by June's Jewels
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Race & Class
Recent Comments on Race & Class