BlogFest 2012 Day 2 Cont'd: Kravet, Lee Jofa, Brunschwig & Fils & GE Monogram
Lee Jofa Showroom
Part of the Kravet Team! Thank you for an amazing BlogFest 2012!
Beth Greene, Lisa and Cary Kravet
After the Elle Decor Modern Life Concept House we headed over to the D & D building for lunch at Lee Jofa. The food was absolutely delicious: crab,shrimp, & lobster po'boys, salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, potato salad, & chips.
After lunch, we headed to the Kravet showroom to hear the fabulous Alexa Hampton speak; Alexa is best known for her traditional designs. She is a lover of words and was very enthusiastic, down to earth, witty, hilarious, and a fire cracker when speaking about her life experiences, working with her father, her design firm, and working with the Kravet team. She kept us all laughing!
Alexa Hampton & Anne Maine (Traditional Home's Editor-in-Chief)
Here are some memorable moments during her Q&A:
1. What are your 3 Favorite words right now?
- Effulgent (shining brightly)
- Euphonic (agreeable sounds)
- Sanguine (cheerfully optimistic)
2. How she met her husband?
- She was a houseguest of the woman of whom he was living with at the time. They didn't get together until years later. Needless to say the woman did not attend the wedding. Bahaha, small world!!
3. How has your family affected your work and design?
- Her kids brought her back to reality and made her a better person, a fun person. She know understands what people are asking for when they mention durability.
4. What is your best advice?
- "Only work with people that with whom you see eye to eye."
Amanda, Christy, Alexa Hampton, me
After photo ops with Alexa and a delicious sweet treat, we headed up to Brunschwig & Fils showroom where we were asked to Tweet our favorite thing in the showroom.
Brunschwig & Fils
Brunschwig & Fils
Next stop was the soon to be new Baccarat showroom where Vincente Wolfe welcomed us. Looking forward to seeing the completed showroom; it's going to be spectacular!
Vincente Wolf speaking
Then off to the GE Monogram showroom for mingling and light hor d'oeuvres. Their showroom was spectacular!
How cool is this one!! Hello New York!!