Blogger Still Down: Are You Going Through Blog Withdrawal?
What is that moan sweeping over the blogosphere? It's the sound of blog withdrawal as bloggers discover for the second day running that their Blogspot account is in read-only mode. Meaning; readers can access blogs hosted by Blogger, but writers cannot reach their dashboards in order to write a new post.
We’ve started restoring the posts that were temporarily removed and expect Blogger to be back to normal soon.
(Hey, how can the Blogger blog be updated!)
But that's cold comfort for writers who are itching to post a story or update their readers. They don't want "soon." They want "now."
Twitter has exploded with reactions to the down time:
- The Rusted Chain: You want to see thousands of angry women? Break their blogs. *ahem blogger.com.* Get it together.
- Texas Beth: Taken in the rain & through a window screen....pic I wanted to blog about today but Blogger is down. :(
- Elle_dt: Not gonne even attempt blogger today!
- SimplyKellyD: :Maybe those of us with non #blogger blogs should be blogging extra to fill the vacuum ;D
- HeloRighetto: @Blogger HOW soon? when do you mean by soon?? today??? this evening???
How long would it take for you to go through blogging withdrawal? Five minutes of a server being down? Two hours without access to posting news? Three days of going blog-free?
Photo Credit: Roshan Vyas.