Bloggers Encouraging Fellow Bloggers with The Fabulous Blog Ribbon
The Joy of Mothering
Anita, We have lived very different lives but can meet, talk and support each other here on blogher. Quite a unique gathering place for women, isn't it? You are very gracious to ignore my typos,poor spelling and sparse editing and see flecks of potential among the rubble of my mistakes. Thank-you.
This award has rules I need to post and follow. Rules to the Fabulous Blog Award:
Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
This list is quite "sappy", so quickly skim read if you have a low tolerance for sappy. I apologize but this is an uncensored, spontaneous list.
1.When I was 10, I was struck by a sense of "I", that my spirit was in this body, viewing the world through my eyes and that nobody else saw, felt or touched the world from my viewpoint. The image of myself as a little girl, laying on the grass and staring up at the huge sky above her has never left .
2. The birth of my children was miraculous. It is true - the moment you hold your new baby, all pain and suffering is forgotten in a wave of sheer joy and unconditional love and devotion.
3. One night when I had barely turned 17, I felt like a fool talking to the wall and asking God to take over my life and the next morning I was bursting with an inexplicable joy, a sense of awe and an unshakable conviction that the Spirit was in residence within my heart.
4. Two years ago, we bought our first house. A beautiful 1886 home on 7 acres with trees, gardens and a creek. The feeling of being rooted to the land, of permanence is surprising and comforting
5. The day I married my soul-mate was the most fabulous moment of my life because it was the beginning of a whole new way of living. It was a step into the unknown.
Name 5 things that you love.
This list will seem like a repeat of a recent post but in my defence I must say, "Really, did you expect the loves of my life to change in a week. I am not THAT fickle."
1. Strong tea and red wine.
2. Cilantro by the cup full on anything and in anything.
3. Play dough, crayons, dollhouses- Our dog ripped the roof off of a hand-made, three story beautiful, Victorian doll house. I have a lot of furniture and I am waiting patiently for another doll house to decorate.
4.Gardening, flowers and renovating our 1886 home. I am stripping off rug, foam, glue, 8 layers of paint and varnish with a toothbrush .
5. My kids, my husband, animals, God (especially the Holy Spirit- I like smuggling Him into the world, hidden within me.)
Name 5 things you hate.
1. I Love seafood but I HATE anything with tentacles that people have the audacity to call food. Also dried squid with the little black eyes staring at me. However this is superior brain food and I am doing my best to swallow them. Chewing is extremely objectionable.
2. There are disagreeable people, wounded, mentally ill, angry and ignorant people who all garner my sympathy even though they are hard to take. However 1% of human beings are evil and I hate evil.
3. Bullies of all ages, especially those with too much power and/or money.
4. Uncomfortable clothes or any attire that makes me feel self-concious. This obviously needs no explanation.
5.Most machines. I won't even TRY to justify this one.
Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.