The BlogHer '12 Conference Guide and Mobile App Are Here! Huzzah!
By Erin Groh on July 24, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
I'm going against BlogHer Events Team protocol here, but the countdown to BlogHer is just 9 DAYS AWAY! And to help you get ready, we're announcing two of our best tools to help you plan your schedule, pack your bag, and navigate your way through the event.
The BlogHer '12 Conference Guide brought to you by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Have questions about the conference? Where to pick up your badge? What to pack? Directions to the hotel?
Check out the BlogHer '12 Conference Guide to get the answers to all of these questions and more! Plus, you'll find some fun callouts and activities from our guide sponsor Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, as well! BlogHer Conference Guides are consistently rated as the number one resource to prepare for our conferences year after year, so you definitely want to download this to your desktop or mobile device. We intentionally keep this as an electronic document, as part of our efforts to green the conference, so if you like hard copies, please only print the pages that you need.
Here is a preview of some of my favorite tips from the guide:
- Are you a BlogHer Newbie? Attend the Newbie Breakfast on Friday, from 8-9am in the Trianon Ballroom, on the 3rd floor of the hotel. You'll hear from BlogHer Veteran Deb on the Rox, Polly and Shannon -- the BlogHer Programming team, and yours truly on all the details related to the conference.
- Have a question? Ask one of the BlogHer staffers. That's what we're here for! We want to make sure you have the best experience possible at our events, so please don't hesitate to ask us anything. Plus, we love getting to meet all of you!
The BlogHer '12 Conference Mobile App
Many of you have already found and downloaded the conference app. For those that haven't, you can find it in the iTunes Store for both iPhone and iPad, as well as the Google Play Android Marketplace. Blackberry users can download it here.
This application will allow you to plan out your schedule during the conference, find more information on speakers and sponsors, connect with other attendees, update your social media channels, and take notes on your favorite sessions. Here's a brief run-down of the various features:
- Maps We will have both a conference map and a local area map to help you navigate your way through the conference. The conference map will show the locations of all the sessions, keynotes, and sponsors. Our maps are still being fine-tuned, and will be added to the app soon. We'll update you once they are, and you'll need to do a hard restart of the app to load in the new data.
- Sponsors Learn more about our sponsors and follow them on Twitter. This application lists all of our sponsors who generously support our attendees and make this event possible.
- Attendees One of the best parts of any BlogHer event is meeting and networking with your fellow attendees. And our conference app helps you do just that with a handy contact swapping tool. Once you've downloaded the app, simply enter in your contact info. To send your information to another attendee, simply tap on their name under the Attendees listings and follow the prompt. Please note though, that this will only send your information to that person, it will not give you theirs. In order to protect the privacy of our attendees, sharing your contact information is always opt-in.
- Schedule Search the schedule by day, track, and speaker. You can find the sessions that most interest you and add them to your own custom schedule. You'll also be able to takes notes right from the session description page -- how handy is that?
Did we miss something? Have a question or a tip? Let us know in the comments. Can't wait to see you all in New York!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Erin Groh
Most Popular on BlogHer
October 8, 2015 - 1:31pm by Karen Miner
October 6, 2015 - 7:00am by Karen Ballum
October 1, 2015 - 1:44pm by Karen Miner
Recent Comments on Conferences
By Amy Windsor