BlogHer Conference Update -- August 26, 2011
By Lori Luna on August 26, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Hello friends! I hope everyone is safe and sound this weekend as the weather is a bit crazy out there.
I'm going to dive right in and get started...
First, let's do a recap of BlogHer '11 in San Diego -- again, it was quite a conference, and we certainly hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Here are some fun facts:
- Over 4000 registered attendees
- Over 100 sponsors/exhibitors
- Over 150 speakers
- Over 50 sessions
- 1 Voices of the Year
- 9 parties
- 2 pre-conference events: Life Well Lived and Pathfinder Day
- 1 post-conference picnic: Ford Family Picnic
And last but not least, 1 flash mob!!
But wait, we also announced the following:
- BlogHer and LATISM Announce Partnership to Publish, Sponsor Leading Latino Social Media Network
- P&G and BlogHer Seal Year-Long Partnership To Help Women Lead a “Life Well Lived”
- Second Annual Parenting/BlogHer Study of over a Thousand Moms Reveals Technology’s Impact on Families
- BlogHer ‘12 to Return to New York City Next August
- BlogHer Inc. & Penguin Group USA Open Registration for Writer’s Conference this October
And one very close the conference team's heart:
- Mobile Start-up GLMPS to Launch Innovative Sharing App at BlogHer '11 as Featured BlogHer, Inc. Partner
If you missed any portion of BlogHer '11 in San Diego, visit our VirtualCon for liveblogs, video, photos and much more!
Now for the rest of our exciting news...
BlogHer Handmade is just around the corner and we have room for you!
BlogHer is proud to partner with The Creative Connection to bring you BlogHer Handmade. Taking place over three days, September 15-17,2011, BlogHer Handmade at The Creative Connection will be a handmade, social media, entrepreneur, and food extravaganza. Take a look at our agenda, speakers, pre-conference guide and register today!
Right behind BlogHer Handmade is our first annual writers conference! Presented by Penguin, BlogHer Writers '11 is for women who want to start on their path to publishing. Learn how you can leverage the writing skills, talent and discipline you've developed through blogging to succeed in traditional publishing models too.
Peruse our agenda and join us in New York city for this exciting day of learning and networking -- it's a conference that should not be missed. You can register today and book your hotel room as well -- we'll see you in NYC!
Now, onto BlogHer '12...
There are only 5 more days of the AugustHoliday remaining, and then the additional 20% discount will be but a memory -- register today and save save save!! We have also posted the link to book your hotel room at the Hilton NY. Please note: A one night deposit will be required.
Again, stay safe this weekend and we'll catch up with you next time.
director of events
More Like This
Recent Posts by Lori Luna
Most Popular on BlogHer
July 22, 2015 - 3:25pm by SheKnows Editors