BlogHer Conferences Weekly Update - - May 4, 2012
By Lori Luna on May 04, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
Happy Friday and happy Star Wars day! (I will confess that May the Fourth be with you did not make any sense to me until I said it out loud -- giggle.)
Now onto things that do make sense to me...
BlogHer Food '12 in Seattle is quickly approaching and we've got so much planned for you and your time with us. It might just be easier to share this way:
- Announcing the BlogHer Food Mobile App! Yep, there's an app for that, and it has everything you need to navigate your time with us and our sponsors. You can download the app on an iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Erin's post explains it all.
- What I didn't know about BlogHer Food by our own Mr. Lady. Now, at first this is going to seem odd: how could she not know about BlogHer Food? Read on and she'll explain! If you are a newbie this is a great read!
- The Fairmont Olympic and ADA Accessibility. The Fairmont Olympic is an historic hotel and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places -- and as such has different rules and regulations to be ADA compliant. Please read Jennifer's post if you will have additional needs during your stay with us as the Fairmont has a robust plan to accommodate all their guests.
- What is your favorite blogged recipe? Jenna is at it again! Interviewing more amazing speakers who will be at BlogHer Food '12. This week she's asking "what is your favorite blogged recipe?" and Tori Avey of The Shiksa in the Kitchen and April Peveteaux of Gluten Is My Bitch were quick to answer. Since it's such a great article I'm going to have you go over and read it. (How's that for a tease?)
As you can see there is so much going on for BlogHer Food '12 so if you haven't registered now is the time!
Note: the Fairmont Olympic is sold out of the BlogHer rate rooms, but it's still worth calling and get the prevailing rate. Or, you can always use your preferred travel method and book a hotel nearby. You can get all the hotel details here.
Now onto BlogHer '12 in NYC! Can you believe we are going to be in NYC in a mere 90 days -- holy cow! If you have not already registered, now is the time. We've got a full schedule for you -- check out some of the highlights:
- We have announced new sponsors to the line up. Remember, our sponsors help make this conference affordable for everyone, so make sure to check them out!
- We still have room for the BlogHer Fun Run/Walk -- sign up now and get your exercise on.
- Book your hotel room at the Sheraton NY -- it's around the corner from the Hilton
- We received over 1600 Voices of the Year submissions and now we are in full swing reading everything! Watch for the announcement on May 31!
- And let's not forget the parties! Make sure to include at least one BlogHer party into your conference planning -- they are not to be missed!
I think that's it for now!
Until next time...
vp, event operations
More Like This
Recent Posts by Lori Luna
Most Popular on BlogHer
January 27, 2015 - 2:37pm by JennaHatfield
January 12, 2015 - 8:29am by Elisa Camahort
January 5, 2015 - 9:17am by Elisa Camahort
December 4, 2014 - 5:06pm by JennaHatfield
Recent Comments on Conferences