It was just over a year ago that my friend, Kevin, said to me: "Hey, why won't we start a podcast for writers?"
At the time, I barely knew what "podcast" meant. I'd been playing with a blog and Twitter account to promote local writers, so I had a platform (then called Ottawa Writes). But podcasting? What was that?
As someone who’s always been obsessed with magazines, I was beyond excited when I Eric got an iPad for Christmas and I discovered Newsstand has free magazine subscriptions.Until I found out that only about 1% (this figure may not be entirely accurate) are completely free. The other 99% are free asterisk. Meaning, free for the first issue then only pay $0.99 - $5.00 for each subsequent issue!No....more
....for me right now is Beethoven’s 7th Symphony.
You know,the one where in the King’s Speech,where Colin Firth is giving the wartime speech and they go with this Beethoven’s 7th.
It fits the malaise of the office, the week before a holiday where everyone is making pretenses about working. Kind of almost funeral dirge music.
I love my iPhone and Itunes. I get to put music on there reflecting my states of mind and, even if you don’t catch it again, it’s there.
The Ski Safari App is one of our absolute favorites and probably the best return on our investment of $.99 in a long time. Why? Because its fun, easy to play but still challenging enough to keep you coming back....more
I've always been a music junkie. When I was a teenager, I was a teeny bopper, enjoying bands like Duran Duran and Bon Jovi (hey, I still love Bon Jovi!). I went to a crazy number of concerts both in high school and college. Music was the backdrop for parties, studying, working out, driving in the car. I have bands that I've loved for years, and ones I've only loved a few years. But all of them touch me in some way; they stick. ...more
One of the benefits of unpacking boxes that have been cluttering up one's house for almost a year (because yes, I did start to tackle the pink room!) is the possibility of finding hidden treasures lurking in their depths.
Cupcakes are a great treat for so many occasions. For me, I have always been a big fan of the icing and decorations because they look good and always taste better. Of course, it does not hurt that we have a professional baker in the family! Check out more about this great app at http://thehightechhome.com!...more
There's something about listening to a CD... an actual. compact. disc.I don't know why exactly, but it makes me listen in a different way. As much as I adore the iPod, it's taken something away from my listening experience.Maybe it's the physical sensation... Plucking through the CD visor, the flaps too loose from overcrowding. Holding a finger through one, two, sometimes six at a time while I search through pockets. Cursing when I drive over railroad tracks and discs fly out. Okay, maybe I don't miss that....more
Debunk the Myths of the Birth Mom http://toginet.com/podcasts/familybydesign/FamilyByDesignLIVE_2011-08-02.mp3?type=showpage
Karla Marie Williams
President, Family by Design ~ All Things Adoption (www.familybydesignadoption.com)
Host, Family by Design Radio (www.toginet.com/shows/familybydesign)...more
Lean Pockets have no artificial flavors, a good source of protein & have 100% real cheese. Read our bloggers posts where they will tell you their guilt free experiences with Lean Pockets. Plus get a chance to win $100! Read more