Motherhood came to me a lot earlier than I ever thought it would. I became a mom two months after my 19th birthday. I don't usually like to volunteer that information. I like for people to assume that I'm pushing 30 when I go somewhere with my three ...more
For 16 long months I waited to get pregnant. I took my temperature every morning. I took all the ovulation tests. I tracked my symptoms. I took pregnancies tests. I got my hopes up. And for 16 long months I was disappointed. My heart was broken. Of ...more
Autism is different for girls, and not only because fewer girls than boys get autism diagnoses. Autistic women and girls not only tend to have different traits than autistic boys do, but are also socialized differently -- leading to many of those ...more
These days of parenting are different, aren't they? We're on a hair-raising new frontier of child-raising that grows more technologically complicated and confounding with every new iteration of "iDevice," social media platform, and social sharing ...more
I fondly remember vacations from youth sports, that precious week or two between the end of one season and the beginning of another.
I power-walked at the local field without suffering a concussion from random fly balls. I shopped for groceries ...more
I'm always on a hunt for more time to spend with family, do the laundry, read a great book, sleep, and many of my friends feel the same way. Just last week I had a conversation with a friend about how we'd like 30-hour days -- with everyone else staying at 24-hours. Only then, we might feel like we really had a chance to get caught up.
Being the oldest child gave me a few privileges growing up. One that I remember clearly was being able to stay up later than my brother. It was probably only 15 to 20 minutes later, but being eight or nine years old at the time, it seemed like I was up until midnight!
I think one of the hardest parts of life is saying no. If you are a parent, you might be constantly saying no to your children. It starts to get easier. However, when it comes to helping and volunteering for things, I have a very hard time saying no to people and commitments. Perhaps it's the mother in me. Moms are very giving people who are willing to sacrifice their own time and energy for others.
So after my ill considered yoga experiment I've been so sore I can barely lift my arms. I'm blaming yoga however I just realized I also did circuit workout that same day so it's probably a terrible combo of the two. I spent my day not being to lift my arms up to do things like, hang up my coat at work because that hook was just UP SO FAR.But I came home and decided to do some light working out on the total gym and just stretched a lot ....more
I think I've posted about almost every trip away from me and the kids that Mike has ever taken. It's a fairly monumental thing around here because he does not travel much at all (praise be!), and I become a bit of an emotional basket-case leading up to the time that he is leaving. I've learned to cope with the actual time that he is gone much better than the very first trip that he took, during which I think I cried 75% of the time and called him telling him how awful everything was the other 25%, I tried to keep things balanced at least.But seriously I DO NOT know how you wives of frequently traveling husbands do it, and I truly- truly- stand in complete awe of you ....more
Welcome to the 125th week of Turn It Up Tuesday! Thank you for stopping by and linking up with us this week, and every week, as we have some fun linking up and getting to know each other! We had quite an amazing week last week, and it’s because of all of you! ...more
Waiting for big sisters at voice lessons Found mommy's reading glasses :) Donut date with friends (including one of my favorite friends, Aunt Lolo, visiting from Florida!!)(Many of these photos are hers, btw!) Walk on the farm Lolo meets Matilda (I think she likes her) (We all do!) Afternoon outside Sister snuggle time Family snuggle time More from Fall on the Farm next time.. ....more
flowers are nice but a nap would be better.... Dear Husband and Father Of My Offspring, I know we rarely exchange gifts on Valentine's Day but this year just feels like a year to give. I mean, we both know we won't get a sitter so we might as well plan to stay home and live it up Toddler Parent Style so go ahead and grab me a little something from this list in the name of keeping things "spicy"in our union ....more