BlogHer's Holiday Guide to Great Food
By Genie Gratto on November 01, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
I'll admit itI'm a little shocked to have woken up this morning to find it's already November. The only holiday preparation I've done this year is to purchase plane tickets for a trip to visit family at Thanksgiving. There's a lot to do, and that doesn't even count the dishes I'll need to make to bring to parties, the food gifts I'll want to give, or the menus I'll want to plan along the way.
Some people are totally prepared for the season. One of my coworkers told me yesterday that she and her husband, over the weekend, had figured out their Thanksgiving menu theme and their primary dishes, and had already assigned out contributions to friends who'd be joining them for the holiday meal. She was thrilled to launch the season with that major planning piece out of the way.
But many of the rest of us aren't quite so prepared! That's where this year's holiday food guide should come in handy, Whether it's dishes for a special meal, a new cocktail to serve at a party, or a great gift for all the food-lovers in your life, BlogHer has you covered. Starting today and running through December 24, we'll showcase all kinds of recipes, projects and cookbooks that will help make your seasonfrom Thanksgiving straight through Christmasa little easier to manage.
Each weekday, we'll highlight a different treat for the holiday season:
- On Mondays, we'll celebrate holiday party fare. That's big-event recipes, appetizers, and other not-so-sweet options for your holiday meals and parties.
- On Tuesdays, we'll handle the sweet stuff. That day, we'll focus on holiday cookies and desserts. In fact, we posted the first of those today!
- If you're looking for a great DIY food or beverage gift, Wednesday's the day to watch. That's when we'll look at great presents that show off your appreciation of great food!
- On Thursdays, we'll stop for a drink...a holiday drink, that is! We'll introduce you to holiday beverages that will quench your party's thirst. Some will have an adult kick, some won't, and some could be served in both versions.
- We'll wrap up each week with a look at great cookbooks that will make excellent gifts, whether that's for a friend, or for yourself!
Together, we can plan out a fantastic holiday season!
Do you have any food-related holiday strategies that you rely on to keep your season running smoothly? Share your tips in the comments below!
Image Credit: nightthree on Flickr, used under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) license.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Genie Gratto
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Sparkling ICE is a bold flavored sparkling water that truly delivers on taste and contains just the right amount of fizz. Read our bloggers' posts and get more details on how you can enter the Flavor Face Off plus find out more about the delicious flavors that Sparkling ICE has to offer. Read more