Bok Choy Cherry Smoothie
By aloveafare on November 04, 2013
Good morning Monday! Well I’m starting out November with a cold but that won’t deter me from my green smoothie fix.
This week I have for you a Bok Choy Cherry Smoothie. I got the idea to use bok choy from AndreaHood.com. I couldn’t find a recipe on her site but she posted a bok choy smoothie she made on instagram.
This smoothie actually looks like hot chocolate and that’s due to the frozen sweet cherries.
My post about being a smoothie newbie explains how those frozen sweet cherries are good but they make smoothies brown and sweet.
If you are new to green smoothies you might want to add more very ripe banana or some sweetener of your choice.
I served this with sunflower seed bread topped with hazelnut spread. Have a great week!
Ready in minutes
- 1 cup of loosely packed Bok Choy Greens (I used just the top green part and not the white bottom part)
- 1 cup of Frozen Sweet Cherries
- 1/2 of a medium very ripe banana
- 1 cup of refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of ice
- Clean bok choy and chop green leafy tops.
- Place the green leafy tops and all remaining ingredients in blender and blend well. Serve immediately.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health