BREAKFAST SAUSAGE & SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
This week I had some extra breakfast sausage lying around (not literally) and decided to mix that with some sweet potato. Super basic, incredibly easy and very nutritious.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 8 breakfast sausages pork, cut into 4 pieces
- 1-1/2 c. sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl (or blender) blend eggs and coconut milk, set aside
- In a large skillet, thoroughly cook the breakfast sausage
- Remove from the skillet, but leave the grease
- Add the sweet potato and onion to the skillet and cook until the potatoes begin to lightly brown
- Pour the egg mixture onto the potatoes and set the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise the eggs will burn.
- Once the eggs look mostly cook, sprinkle the sausage evenly onto the eggs
- Place skillet in the oven under the broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the broiler and slice.
ADD A COMMENT
Simply Beverages™ use never-from-concentrate juices in all of their beverages. And they never add any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Read our bloggers' posts and find fun beverage recipes you can serve this summer! Plus get a chance to win $100. Read more