Photo complements of the insanely talented Hannah Bazarian.
You Will Need:
- Brie (I don't know how one measures brie...get a wedge from the grocery store? It's triangular shaped and looks like a cheese wedge. It is generally are a "one size fits all" type of cheese wedge.)
- Two slices of the bread of your choice. I used a nice thick whole wheat bread.
- 1 apple (I used a Gala apple. Galas are sweet.), sliced thin.
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 TBL unsalted butter
- Melt 1TBL of butter in a small frying pan at medium heat.
- While this is heating up, set up 1 slice of bread first spread with brie, then topped with as many apple slices as you care to fit on this piece of bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon to taste on top of the apples and place the whole thing in the pan with the melted butter.
- While this side of the sandwich is slowly toasting, set up the other slice of bread with some more brie. This will encapsulate the apples in brie and cinnamony goodness.
- When the bread in the pan is toasted to your liking, top the sandwich, lift it from the pan quickly and drop the other TBL of butter in.
- Then, top the cooked part of the sandwich with the other slice of cheesy bread and flip.