Now, you need to measure the space. Figure out the height and width of the open space, and jot it down. Also, sounds silly, but measure your spice jars, and write down that height as well.
Next, figure out how many spice jars you'd like to store on the spice rack, and do some calculations. The things you need to know are:
- How many spices do I need to store?
- How many shelves will fit in the space?
- How will I suspend the shelf on the wall so it is sturdy?
- One 1"x4"x8' board for the shevlves
- One 1/2"x2'x4' for the backing
- One quart of Valspar latex enamel paint in "Satin Java Brown"
- a paint brush
- One box of 8x1-1/4 wood screws (100 count)
- 1 package of Plastic Toggle 3/8-1/2" Drywall anchors (holds up to 143 lbs)