Bush’s® Grillin’ Beans®/Pioneer Woman Recipe Contest II Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. Sponsor: BlogHer, Inc., located at 1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002 and http://www.blogher.com (“BlogHer”), is solely responsible for all aspects of the Bush’s® Grillin’ Beans®/Pioneer Woman Recipe Contest II (“Promotion”), including without limitation the administration and fulfillment thereof.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Promotion, one must be a legal resident of the United States who has reached the age of majority (in most U.S. jurisdictions, 18 years of age) in his/her jurisdiction of residence. Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Bush Brothers & Company (“Bush’s”), Daniel J. Edelman, Inc., their respective partners, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, successors and assigns, their advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies, businesses that advertise their goods/services on www.blogher.com (individually and collectively, “Entities”), and their immediate family members [spouses, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of BlogHer, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants must be available to travel to Oklahoma to attend cookout on June 2, 2012. The Promotion is not open to any Entrant who: has been convicted of a felony, has an outstanding arrest warrant against him/her, or currently has felony charges pending against him or her; has ever had a restraining order issued against him/her which BlogHer determines, in its sole discretion, involves conduct of moral turpitude. LIMIT: Limit one (1) entry per person or email address per day for the Promotion Period in Section 3 below. Void in all jurisdictions other than the United States; void where prohibited.
3. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 2, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on May 4, 2012.
4. Entry: To enter, eligible persons can visit the Promotion’s main page, and in response to the contest prompt on that page, leave a comment containing a recipe that meets the Recipe Requirements defined below.
5. Limitations: All Entries must be written in English and posted before 11:59pm PST on May 4, 2012 to be eligible. Only two Entries per household; if the same comment is posted twice, it may only count as one Entry. Entries by any method other than those set forth above in Section 4 are void. Entries must be the entrant's original work, comply with BlogHer Editorial Standards, and must not include any third party intellectual property, including without limitation trademarks, copyright, or trade secrets. Mass entries or automated, programmed entries are invalid. To result in entry, comment must be on topic (i.e., relevant) and not offensive, demeaning, or derogatory. By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comments, whether chosen as a Winner or not, may be reproduced on BlogHer’s, or Bush’s Web properties (including social media) without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of BlogHer and Bush’s (and without further notice of any kind).
Neither the Entities in Section 2 nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing or physically located outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple accounts to accrue more than the number of Entries allowed in this Section may result in disqualification at BlogHer’s sole discretion (and disqualification will not represent BlogHer’s sole remedy in such circumstance). Void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations. BlogHer’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
6. Recipe Requirements: One recipe from each of the following four categories will be selected as a Winner: (a) chicken; (b) steak; (c) pork chop; and (d) wildcard to be chosen by Ree Drummond as indicated on the Promotion’s main page. Recipes may not include hot dogs or hamburgers. Recipes must contain no more than 10 total ingredients and must have a total hands-on prep time of no more than 30 minutes, not including marinade. Recipes must be paired with one of the seven flavors of Bush’s® Grillin’ Beans®. Recipes shall not include alcohol and other competing side dishes: including potato dishes, coleslaw, rice, vegetables, garlic bread, and pasta salad. Bush’s® Grillin’ Beans® must be prepared as a stand-alone side dish and should not be listed as an ingredient in recipe. Bush’s must be sole brand represented in recipes and/or photos. Grilling must be the primary method of preparation for recipe entries.
7. Judging: All eligible entries received during the Entry Period that meet the Recipe Requirements will be judged by Ree Drummond according to the following criteria: (a) appeal (50%); (b) ease of preparation (25%); and (c) creativity (25%). In the event of a tie, entries will be re-judged by Ree Drummond solely on the criterion of appeal.
8. Prize: FOUR (4) PRIZE winners will each receive a trip for winner and a guest of each winner’s choice to Ree Drummond’s ranch in Oklahoma to partake in a cookout on June 2, 2012. Prize includes air travel and lodging at the ranch for each winner and one guest for two nights. All expenses not listed are the responsibility of the winner. Winners will prepare their winning recipes on camera. Photos and videos of the recipes and cookout may be used for distribution on ThePioneerWoman.com, BlogHer Web properties, Bush’s Web properties (including social media) and for use in Bush’s Visitor Center. Approximate retail value of each prize is $1,240 (USD). Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $4,960 (USD). Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferrable.
9. Winners: Persons initially selected as potential winners will be selected and notified on or about May 17, 2012, and will be sent by email a Prize Notification and Publicity Consent and Liability Release Agreement; please ensure BlogHer has your current, correct email address. To claim the prize, potential winners must accept their prize within 72 hours of transmission of the email notification (“Acceptance Period”). BlogHer is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, and any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner
- A. Disqualification, Forfeiture and Selection of Alternate Winner: At the sole discretion of BlogHer, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to accept the prize within the Acceptance Period;  the failure of notification or undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email;  potential winner’s failure to provide BlogHer with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to complete, execute, and return to BlogHer the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and other such documents as may be required by BlogHer (“Required Documents”) within 10 days of the date specified on the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement; and  potential winner’s failure to comply with any other terms, conditions and restrictions of these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected by BlogHer from among all remaining eligible entries received.
- B. Prize Fulfillment: BlogHer shall be solely responsible for fulfillment of prizes.
10. General Conditions: By entering this Promotion and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree, represent, and warrant that:  you will be bound by these Official Rules and BlogHer’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all respects;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees and Ree Drummond from: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (b) any condition caused by events beyond the control of BlogHer that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, with the understanding that BlogHer’s sole obligation is to seek to conduct the Promotion, making the prizes available to be won, in a manner determined by BlogHer in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules; (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (d) any and all losses, damages, rights, suits, claims and actions of any kind, including without limitation death and bodily injury, in connection with or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity (including without limitation participation in the cookout at Ree Drummond’s ranch), or from any interaction with or downloading of Promotion information, and you expressly assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Promotion;  the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the prizes;  winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant (which winner agrees to confirm in writing) to BlogHer and those acting under its authority (including Bush’s and Daniel J. Edelman, Inc.) of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, photo, likeness, entry, recipe, voice, biographical information and statements, and participation in the cookout, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion and relating to Bush’s Grillin’ Beans, except where prohibited by law;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes;  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept or use the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  the Releasees are not responsible for any failure of delivery of winner notification;  BlogHer reserves the right to require Winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring BlogHer or Bush Brothers & Co. into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by BlogHer in its sole discretion;  Winner shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility/liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and affidavit confirming that entry is winner’s original work, and such other documents as may be required by BlogHer;  Guests must be 18 years of age or older or the child or ward of winner. Guests must execute a publicity and liability release in order to attend;  BlogHer may change the date of cookout; and  all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, winners and BlogHer in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Disclosure. Winner acknowledges and agrees that winner is not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the Prize, and any such statements and/or opinions made by Winner are at Winner’s sole discretion. If Winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation Winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then Winner will not speak about or refer to the Prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that Winner won the Prize in connection with the Promotion.
12. Indemnity. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold BlogHer, Bush Brothers & Company, and its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents (including Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. and Ree Drummond) co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnities"), harmless from any and all actions, suits, claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's participation in the Promotion, including the Entrant's conduct in creating an entry or otherwise in connection with this Promotion, and including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
13. For names of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to June 2, 2012 to: BlogHer Attn: Bush’s® Grillin’ Beans®/Pioneer Woman Recipe Contest II Promotion Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
© 2012 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a registered trademark of BlogHer, Inc. BUSH’s and GRILLIN’ BEANS are registered trademarks of Bush Brothers & Company.