Dinner Tonight: Butternut Squash Pasta with Kale and Parmesan
By AlexisMeads on March 09, 2014
Featured Member Post
Need some quick and healthy dinner recipes that you, your partner, the kids, anyone is sure to love?
This has been a favorite in my house for years! It’s filling yet healthy, light yet flavorful and packed full of goodness.
Note: I don’t typically measure out ingredients when I’m cooking, which is why I usually don’t list exact ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt and swirl of olive oil. Add a box of your favorite whole-wheat pasta and follow the cooking directions on the box. When done cooking, drain and set aside.
- Next you’ve got to cook the butternut squash. This can be a bit tricky. I like to first peel the squash and then cut it in half. Remove the seeds and do your best to cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a heavy skillet with about 1/4 inch of water, a drizzle of good olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook until tender (10-15 minutes).
- Once the butternut squash is tender, add in your greens. This can be kale or spinach. Just wash the greens and cut them into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet with squash until barely wilted (a few minutes).
- Place the pasta you’d set aside in a large, pretty bowl. Add in the squash and kale mixture, a drizzle of olive oil to coat and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Add red pepper flakes or salt and pepper to taste.
If you like this recipe, please hit the share button! For other delicious recipes get my Self-Love Manifesto chock-full of recipes and love.
Click here to get your free copy of her Self-Love Manifesto.
More Like This
Recent Posts by AlexisMeads
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Cooking for Health
Recent Comments on Cooking for Health