Button Bracelets for All Ages :: Summer Boredom Buster
By BTRT on August 08, 2012
Super fun button craft for summer days!
Make a bunch of button bracelets to wear and share...
* Buttons of various sizes
* Needle and thread (embroidery floss is ideal, use 3-4 strands)
(use a blunted cross stitch needle for the under 6 crowd)
* Elastic (in notions at the fabric store), as wide as, or narrower than your smallest button (1/4” is great)
(levels of assistance will vary by age and child)
Try these with your tweens, or even a group of moms!
1) Measure and cut the elastic.
Wrap around the wrist, overlapping by about 1”.
Mark (pen) the overlap on the bottom piece, cut the elastic at this point (see picture).
2) Choose your Buttons.
Lay out the elastic, choose buttons for the length (leave the tail beyond the pen mark without buttons).
Be creative! Stack and mix and match.
Do not leave any spaces between buttons.
3) Stitch the bracelet together, overlapping as when you cut.
4) Begin stitching on buttons.
For the most secure finish, when stacking, sew down each button on its own and then run the thread through the stack if possible.
So easy and so cute!
I have gotten so many compliments on my rainbow button bracelet from other adults...
Make 'em, share 'em, and please give credit to Beneath the Rowan Tree.
Photos and Text ©Beneath the Rowan Tree, 2012.
Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree
More Like This
Recent Posts by BTRT
Most Popular on BlogHer