Catch a ride to a stop on the BlogHer '08 Reach Out Tour!
Many thanks to GM for providing groups of carpooling bloggers from L.A., Silicon Valley and Dallas with hybrid vehicles to get to BlogHer '08 safely and efficiently. Now that we're gearing up for our Reach Out Tour, GM has offered again to provide carpoolers with vehicles!
Carpool sign-ups are open until September 19, 2008. There is one vehicle available for each tour stop.
How do I get hooked up with a vehicle?
We've changed the process slightly for the Reach Out Tour, so read these instructions carefully. Here's what you have to do:
- Make sure you qualify for a vehicle (see "Requirements" below).
- Carpools must include at least 3 passengers, and up to 6.
- Confirm others in your area who would like to join you. If you don't already have people in mind, you can post a request in the comments section associated with your metro area (see links below) for other bloggers who want to carpool. If you already have a group established, send an email to Erin Groh (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will verify your group against the requirements and follow up with instructions.
- If you've indicated your interest in a vehicle in the comments section associated with your area, we will try to match you with other nearby bloggers and a vehicle. Once we've verified your group, we will match you with an available vehicle on a first-approved, first-served basis. *Please note: We will do our best to match you up, but we cannot gaurantee that we will be able to match everyone due to vehicle availability and location.
If you don't need a ride to the event, you can still drive a Saturn. They're bringing their entire line-up for Ride & Drive events at each stop on the Reach Out Tour.
For more information on the Saturn fleet click here.
Available Metro Areas:
- Boston, MA (October 11)
- Washington, DC (October 13)
- Nashville, TN (CANCELED)
- Greensboro, NC (CANCELED)
- Atlanta, GA (CANCELED)
- New Orleans, LA (CANCELED)
- Your group must include at least 3 BlogHer '08 Reach Out Tour attendees. Once you have been notified that your group has been approved, all attendees have 48 hours to complete their registration for the conference or they risk forfeiting their reserved vehicle to the next group that applies.
- You must be able to factor in drive time both to and from the conference, as you will be required to drive both ways.
- Car reviews or any other write-ups about the vehicle and your experiences are welcome and encouraged on BlogHer.com and on your own blogs. In any posts that you mention the donated vehicle or arranged carpool you must disclose that GM provided you with the vehicle.
Where do we pick up our car?
Once your carpool group has been confirmed and matched with a vehicle, you will be notified and may elect to pick up the vehicle at a GM facility or have the vehicle delivered.
What costs will GM cover?
GM is responsible for any costs relating to the vehicle, including repairs resulting from any malfunction, or malfuntioning parts. GM will provide the first tank of gas. Vehicles will either be given to carpoolers with a full tank or GM will reimburse each group for the first tank. GM will not reimburse lodging expenses, food or additional recreation costs. GM will cover parking costs at the various Reach Out Tour locations.
What are the insurance requirements?
There are no special insurance requirements to participate in the Reach Out Tour carpool.
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.