Celebrating Fabulous, But Only Five?
In accepting the Fabulous Blog Ribbon, there are five rules I need to post and follow:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to me and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in my life.
3. Name 5 things that I love.
4. Name 5 things I hate.
5. Pass this ribbon to 5 deserving bloggers.
My humble thank you to Isabel Anders who nominated me to receive the Fabulous Blog Ribbon at http://isabelanders.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/stretching-the-ribbon-3-2/. You are a fabulous writer and sage who inspires in me great thoughts, so this means a lot.
Five Fabulous moments in my life:
- Getting my first real (non-babysitting/housecleaning) job as a file clerk at 14
- When each of my fur babies came into my life.
- Marrying my husband in an outdoor garden wedding on what turned out to be the hottest day of that year - 116 degrees.
- Reaching the rim of the Grand Canyon after my first time hiking down it and back up with 16lbs strapped on my back and 5lb hiking boots on my feet.
- Seeing my name and something I wrote in print for the first time
Five (um, six) Fabulous Things I love:
- Family and friends
Five Un-fabulous Things I hate:
- Willful ignorance
- Blind obedience
Five Fabulous bloggers:
Since it is nearly impossible to choose only 5 from the fabulous bloggers I regularly read (though don't always have time to comment) on BlogHer, I decided to pick 5 new to me or new to BlogHer bloggers that I hope others will check out:
- Anita Finlay - http://www.blogher.com/member/anita-finlay
- Mary Kathleen - http://www.blogher.com/member/mfranzak
- All That Makes You (Abby) - http://www.blogher.com/member/allthatmakesyou
- Let Them Eat Great (Danielle) http://www.blogher.com/member/letthemeatgreat
- E Davis (Elise) http://www.blogher.com/member/edavis