Charles Stanley weighs in on How to Pray for the President
By womenworkingwithMitt on October 28, 2012
Charles Stanley’s 10 Ways to Pray for a President
Summary During his 10/30/2012 Sermon
1) To Realize that he has been placed in this position by God’s choice or permissive will of God
2) To Recognize his personal inadequacy for the task and look to God for wisdom, knowledge and courage to succeed.
3) To Restore dignity, honor, trustworthiness and righteousness to the office of the Presidency.
4) To be ready to forsake his political career and his personal ambitions if to do so would be in the best interest of the country.
5) To Reverse the destructive trends of humanism and atheism which attempt to dethrone God and deify man resulting in an ungodly society.
6) To Respect, honor and obey the Constitution of the United States, the protector of our freedoms.
7) To Reject all counsel that would weaken our defenses against any and all aggressors.
8) To Refuse to promote a way of life in which the citizens become increasingly dependent upon the government for their needs.
9) To Remember that he is accountable to Almighty God for his attitudes, motives, behavior and decisions.
10) To resolve to make his presidency a period in which America regained her position as first among nations, where people began to prosper individually, began to feel secure, proud to be an American, and Almighty God was recognized as the source of our blessing.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Most Popular on Spirituality
Recent Comments on Spirituality
By Bonnie Dani