Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip
By thesavvykitchen on December 05, 2012
My Mom originally made this for the family when we went over their house one afternoon for a Giants game. It was gone in 6.3457 seconds.
Velveeta on its own is addicting. Bacon as well. Toss them together with spicy tomatoes and green chiles, some spinach and cream cheese for smoothness, and the perfect appetizer is created. This is also made in the microwave, so it requires less than 10 minutes to make and hardly any clean-up, which is ideal when having guests over. Enjoy!
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles, undrained
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on high 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips and cut vegetables.
More Like This
Recent Posts by thesavvykitchen
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Kalyn Denny