By familyeatstogether on July 25, 2013
These burgers really pack a punch with big flavors and healthy ingredients. They are a nice change from the same old beef burger and great for summer barbeques. If you can’t find ground chicken substitute ground turkey.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken (I prefer thigh meat but breast meat is also fine)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 scallions
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- hamburger buns
- red onion, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- Using a food processor, pulse the spinach, scallions, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt until it is chopped and well incorporated.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach mixture and chicken. Mix well with your hands. Be careful to not over mix it because over mixing will make the burgers tough. Form loosely packed patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Plate the burgers on the buns and garnish with mayo, red onion and avocado.
A family that eats together... from foodie to kid friendly in one dish
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more