By familyeatstogether on July 25, 2013
These burgers really pack a punch with big flavors and healthy ingredients. They are a nice change from the same old beef burger and great for summer barbeques. If you can’t find ground chicken substitute ground turkey.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken (I prefer thigh meat but breast meat is also fine)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 scallions
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- hamburger buns
- red onion, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- Using a food processor, pulse the spinach, scallions, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt until it is chopped and well incorporated.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach mixture and chicken. Mix well with your hands. Be careful to not over mix it because over mixing will make the burgers tough. Form loosely packed patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Plate the burgers on the buns and garnish with mayo, red onion and avocado.
A family that eats together... from foodie to kid friendly in one dish