Chocolate chip Muffins
Hubby was craving for some muffins, and when asked whats the flavor he said he would like to eat chocolate chips muffins. So I searched a few recipes on Internet and finalized on this recipe by Nigella Lawson. Here is the recipe hope you all like it and enjoy.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Special equipment: Muffin tin with paper muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.