During the holidays, my grandmother would spend hours baking treats with so much care and love - I did not inherit that trait. I looooove to bake, it's incredibly therapeutic, but I'm more of a quick-n-dirty kinda gal and love to work off of recipes I already have.
This is based off my original SIMPLE-E DELICIOUS MACAROONS but with chocolate, because everything is better with chocolate.
- 2 cups dates , pits removed (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate (optional for dipping)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth.
- Once dates are smooth, add remaining ingredients EXCEPT DARK CHOCOLATE and mix until well blended
- Place 1" ball of macaroon batter onto baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before dipping in melted chocolate.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies
More Like This
Recent Posts by Nummy For My Tummy
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Frugal Kitchen
Recent Comments on Frugal Kitchen