After I made the blueberry scones I decided that I wanted to bake more so I made some cinnamon raisin bread. We didn’t have normal raisins at home so I used golden raisins instead. The bread turned out really well! Very moist and flavorful.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sour soy milk (soy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour in soymilk and vinegar mix, maple syrup, and raisins
- Mix together and pour in oiled loaf pan
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes. Test with knife to make sure it’s done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Per Serving: Calories: 254, Fat: 6 g.