Clams and Mussels In White Wine Broth
By Kathy Steger on August 26, 2012
- 1 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed and cleaned
- 1 net full of mussels
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 twigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 bottle white wine
- 1. In a Dutch oven or a heavy pot saute bacon. Drain all but 1 tsp of fat. Set bacon aside.
- 2. In the reserved fat sauté onion, garlic and thyme until translucent.
- 3. Add clams, mussels, reserved bacon and wine.
- 4. Cover and steam until clams and mussels open.
- 5. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with charred bread.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Kathy Steger
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more
Most Popular on Food
Tyson Fresh Chicken Reviews
With a little help from Tyson Fresh Chicken, bloggers share their favorite chicken recipes for mealtime with the family. Read their posts and enter for a chance to win a kitchen goods gift basket!