CLASSIC ITALIAN APPLE CAKE
By Scrumptiouz on October 10, 2013
Preparation time: 50 Mins
Servings: 5-6 People
Here is our today’s recipe for Classic Italian Apple Cake.
Ingredients for Classic Italian Apple Cake:
- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 to 4 apples
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Here are the easy steps to make Classic Italian Apple Cake:
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking sheet on cake pan and brush it with butter.
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices and place them in a bowl.
- Pour the Amaretto over apple slices and gently mix; set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix into butter mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and blend it until a smooth batter forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently stir in the apple slices and any remaining Amaretto.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, even the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Dust it with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Enjoy the tasty and delicious Classic Italian Apple Cake with tea.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Don Lemon Joins Whoopi Goldberg in Using Victim-Blaming Tactics to Defend Bill Cosby Against Rape Accusations
By Deb Rox