Coconut Chicken Strip Salad
My husband would eat fried food everyday of the week. Before I met him, I had never tried chicken wings, or chicken fried steak. Being introduced to the many varieties of fried things did two things for me: 1) introduced to food outside my box, and 2) added poundage to my...um...body. The first one is fine, the second not so much. So I am trying alternative ways to still enjoy fried foods, without the added calories and fat.
Frying in good fats is key. Not eating fried foods daily, no matter which oil is used, is also key. Peanut oil, Coconut oil, Safflower oil, and Coconut oil are all considered healthier choices.
These strips are moist and tender, and delicious!
- 4 chicken breast, cut in half
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- salt & pepper, dash of each
- 1-2 tblspn. Coconut/ lightolive oil blend for frying
- In large skillet heat 1-2 tblspn coconut/light olive oil blend
- In 1 med bowl, place egg whites, in the other coconut flour, salt and pepper
- Dip chicken strips into egg white then flour
- Place strips into skillet, fry 5-7 minutes each side, or until completely white in the center
- Serve over bed of greens, with honey mustard dressing or your favorite
|Coconut chicken strip salad with mandarin oranges|
|Drizzled with homemade honey mustard sauce|
More Like This
Recent Posts by Raising Amelia Rose
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on Green