Coconut Macaroons~Easy & Delicious
Over the past few weeks, I've made several sweets for my family and a few for friends. There have been requests to make more chocolate pie and brownies then it happened...my one, very special one who does not like chocolate just told it. "Mom, I've been patient and quiet about this but I just have to speak out about all these chocolate things you've been making, 'cause it's not working for me." He was very nice and calm in his reprimand, so I apologized, gave him a hug and let him know that I'd have something for him when he got home from school.
I decided on one of his favorite cookies, coconut macaroons. They are so stinking easy that you can make several dozen in no time flat and only have 5 ingredients! Moist and chewy with a little crunch on the outside, these cookies are just simple and delicious. Thank goodness because now I'm out of trouble.
1 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla, making sure to blend well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, place mounds of mixture on baking tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store in air tight container.