Conference Corner: BlogHer Call for Ideas Ending Soon!
That time of year is upon us… No, I’m not referencing the holiday season! We at BlogHer are anticipating and celebrating the annual Call for Ideas for two of our most classic events: BlogHer Food, and BlogHer’s annual conference!
And if you can believe it, the BlogHer Food ’12 Call for Ideas closes TOMORROW (December 21st), and the BlogHer ’12 Call for Ideas closes in just TWO WEEKS (Thursday, January 5th). Have you told us yet what topics you want to discuss at either conference? Have you recommended bloggers you’d like to hear speak? Do you want to speak at a conference? (If so, read this post on How to Become a Speaker!)
Here’s a short recap of subject areas, though we hope these ideas don’t limit your creativity -- we know that BlogHers are a generous and ingenious bunch, and we LOVE seeing your ideas and recommendations flowing through our inboxes!
BlogHer Food ‘12
- Values: food politics, food policy or social change via food blogs
- Visuals: photography, video, design, multimedia, styling
- Vocation: skills development, best practices, traffic building, monetization, ethics, publishing
- Voice: writing skills, storytelling, inspiration
- Vittles: cooking skills, cooking techniques, tools, recipe development
- The Personal: passions, growth, truth-telling, support network building
- The Political: political organizing online, electoral punditry and persuasion, and more
- The Professional: blogging resumés, legal/financial advice, marketing/branding/selling, and more
- The Technical: web programming/development, multimedia, gadgets, and applications; with coaching and troubleshooting in the Geek Bar
- The Writing: craft of writing, grammatical/stylistic potholes, editing, writer’s block; with coaching and troubleshooting in the Writing Lab
- The Visual: photography (camera phone to SLR), video shooting and production, web design, and more (New track this year!)
If reading through those track descriptions sparked ideas surrounding topics or panels you’d like to see at BlogHer this year, or even reminded you of a speaker you’d love to hear at either event, let us know today! Here are the links to each Call for Ideas again, and from there you can read more about each track, what we’re looking for, and how to submit your recommendations:
- BlogHer Food '12 Call for Ideas announcement: http://www.blogher.com/announcing-blogher-food-12-call-ideas
- BlogHer '12 Call for Ideas announcement: http://www.blogher.com/announcing-blogher-12-call-ideas
We hope to hear from you very, very soon!